The health and safety of our guests and employees is paramount. In light of the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, Windham Mountain Lodging has made substantial changes to our operations. Please see details below. Please note that we are not currently offering Continental Breakfast or daily housekeeping. We are requiring all guests to wear a mask in public areas and follow 6ft social distancing. If you feel any symptoms of illness or were exposed to the virus we ask you to please stay home and visit us another time.
Our standards and protocols will include:
- Minimizing the number and frequency of employees entering guest rooms during their stay to protect both our guests and employees. No housekeeping services during stay, amenities available upon request.
- A guest room rotation plan that allows enough time for proper cleaning and sanitation after guests check out.
- Removal of most collateral (pens, pads, booklets etc.) from all rooms and making them available upon guest request.
- Changing of linens and towels only at checkout unless guest requests for them to be changed earlier.
- Guestroom Attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and washing hands and changing gloves between each guest room.
- Training on cleaning and disinfection for Guestroom Attendants, with an emphasis on sequence of service and allowing required dwell times for all disinfectant solutions to effectively kill the virus.
- Training of employees on proper cleaning and disinfection protocols for corridors and housekeeping lockers (chutes, cleaning equipment, linen storage, hallway touch points).
FRONT DESK CHECK-IN ENHANCEMENTS
- We will reduce lines and allow our guests to practice good social distancing in the lobby.
- Employees will offer to send itineraries and folios through email instead of printing and handing copies to guests.
- Credit cards will be swiped by guests. We will not require guests to use sign-in sheet. Receipts will be emailed without a need for a guest to visit front desk for check-out. Recycled room keys will be sanitized.
Rooms will be left out of service and not entered by staff for 24 hours after guest vacates the room whenever possible.
If a same day cleaning is necessary, there will be a 3-hour period before housekeeping can enter that room, with appropriate PPE.
- After removing dirty linens and placing them into plastic bags (separate bags for sheets and towels) gloves must be removed and new gloves put on before putting the clean linens on the bed.
- Duvets must be replaced and washed after every checkout.
- Linens and bedding should not be shaken, so as not to disperse viral particulates into the air.
- All hard surfaces must be cleaned of debris and then sanitized by EPA approved cleaning sprays.
- Soiled gloves must be safely removed after cleaning each room.
- Mask must be changed between each room.
- Housekeepers must wear mask in public areas.
- Practice social distancing whenever possible.
Laundry room policy:
- Only 2 housekeepers allowed in the laundry room at one time and both must wear a mask.
- Distance 6-ft apart if possible.
- Once mask is moist or wet it loses effectiveness and should be replaced appropriately.
- Must wear gloves when handling dirty linens and removed before handling clean linens.
- Safely remove gloves after cleaning each room.
EXTRA EMPLOYEE PRECAUTIONS
- Masks or face coverings are required for employees in the following circumstances:
- Whenever serving guests indoors
- Whenever in common public indoor areas where close contact with others is likely
- Whenever serving food to a guest, indoors or outdoors
- Any time social distancing cannot be maintained
- Sanitize your workstation at the beginning and the end of your shift.
- If 2 people are working at the desk meals should be taken away from the front desk and your eating area sanitized when done.
- Homemade masks must be washed after each use.
- Have separate pens on the counter for guest’s use and sanitize after each use.
- Sanitize your hands after anything is passed between yourself and a guest such as CC or cash.
- Employees observing anyone displaying symptoms of illness should contact their manager.
- The same applies to room service. In case they hear a cough, they must leave food at the door and report.
- If someone is confirmed sick, we will follow all relevant state and federal guidance in regards to containment, sanitizing, and notifying appropriate parties.
- Employee wellness screenings are implemented in accordance with state guidelines
- Hand sanitizing will be placed at key guest contact areas such as hotel lobbies.
- Guests will be required to wear masks in all indoor public areas or where appropriate social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Health and physical distancing signage will be placed throughout the property.
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOL
- Guests and employees will be asked to practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet of distance whenever possible.
- Markers will be placed on the floor to indicate proper spacing in areas such as the lobby.
- When social distancing guidelines cannot be maintained, masks are required for guests and employees and other physical controls may be put in place such as plexiglass barriers.
- Physical layouts will be arranged to provide for appropriate distancing where feasible.
- Signage will be posted in high traffic areas to remind guests of social distancing protocols and other safety practices.